Thursday 4 August 2011

Feeling the uge to create

I've been bit by the creative bug again. It's been a while and I'm happy to say it's back! Over the last couple of years I've been in a pretty heavy slump. I used to start a new project every month, whether it be sewing, cross stitch, scrapbook, photography or my favorite, writing. I had a very good run at a book a year ago. I was on a fantastic roll and for some reason, let it go for some time and when I went back to it, the feeling had passed and I was in a slump. I had gotten about 6 full chapters on it, well over 3000 words and was pumped! before that one was a supernatural themed novel adn I had gotten 11000words+ on that one and hit the same slump! It's aggravating and I do know why it hits. My job, my family, my lack of time to sit and get lost in it had caught up with me both times it it frustrated teh hell out of me.  When you have to get up at 6:30 to get kids up for school, get lunches made, start a job where you are wiping runny noses, changing dirty diapers, refereeing, teaching, tolerating, then attempting to finish out the day with your own family once all the other kids had gone back to theirs. By the time 9 p.m. rolled around and I finally had a few monutes to myself, it was tough to jump on the ;aptop and write for four hours and still get a good nights' sleep. Sure, there were some nights when I managed a good run and glanced at the clock that read 2:40 a.m. and realized that I had to get up in less than four hours.
I never want to give up on my dream of being published. I just wish I had more time to devote to it.

Recently, while surfing on Blogger, I came accross a blog run by a crafter. she had made a bathroom set our of old vintage bedsheets. My sis-in-law is a member of the ghostbusters association of Ontario (yes, there really is one)  and I have been trying to find something unusual to make her for her birthday coming up in October. I found a bed sheet set on EBAY. Vintage ghostbusters!! I was so excited! I will attempt to re-create the set I saw on here out of the ghostbusters sheets and then have leftovers to make her a gymbag, a framed print and possibly something else if there is enough fabric in good shape.

I also have a yen to make some rag quilts. I have three nieces and another niece/nephew due any day now. I thought that maybe making the rag quilts will allow me to be crafting and still productive at the same time.
Plans are made for a christmas card making night at some point. I have my inks, my stamps, my embossing tools and my cuttlebug, now all I need is soem good papers and some time. Hopefully soon I can get some carved out.

Somewhere in all that I want to try to get myself back on track too. Meaning I really have let myself go over the last year and I know it. No sugarcoating. I was doing really good for a while there and was feeling really good. With my foot pain and lack of exercise, lack of willpower and self restraint, I have gained some weight and now really feel it's time to rein that in and get back to feeling good again! I hate hiding under yoga pants and oversized t-shirts. I hate the fact that i scrutinize my entire wardrobe wondering what will make me look and feel the least crappy every morning. Not good. I want to pick out clothes everyday and KNOW they look good again and not just hope I look ok. I worked damn hard to get to a point where I was happy and over the last year I have really let that fall to the ground!! Time to pick it up again! It sucks but at least I know how to fix it.
So lets see, new goals. Up creativity, spend some time on ME and my needs. Check.

No comments:

Post a Comment