Thursday 29 September 2011

Slowly moving forward

Well,
It's been a little while since my last post. It's a cool, damp day here, funny how your mood tends to reflect the weather, or vice versa. Adoption update. We had our second week of classes last night. We learned all about the purpose of CAS and what it does for a child, family, community in general. It was ok, long and we did a little role playing which was ok. My frustration lies in our lack of progress with our social worker. Our second meeting with her did not happen at the beginning of the month like it should have, and our third, which was supposed to be on Tuesday, the one that just passed, did not happen either. In fact, she was a complete no-show with no phone call, no message, no nothing. I had halfmy daycare parents take the day off for no reason. My house was clean, granted, but man! I was so steamed about it!. It took a few w-mails and a message to head office for a responce to come back to me yesterday. Aparently, our worker had been off recovering from a surgical proceedure. Fine and dandy, I appreciate and understand that. I've had surgery, MAJOR surgery, Pat has had surgery, we both understand and sympathize. We know what it takes to recover properly etc. Not a problem. I DO have a problem with the fact that no one thought to let us know that the meetings were not going to happen at all. She said that she had made arrangements with her manager to tell us that the meeting had to be rescheduled. well, yeah, good effort but it didn't happen. I asked her to let me know at least 24 hours in advance from now on to let me know if there willbe a cancellation at all so I could let my parents know.
What bothered me more was that we are now behind in our process, by a whole month. Our next meeting is not until october 5th. She still has to talk to each of the kids, each of us separately, discuss our options and what path to take, ie: full out adoption, the age range and the possibility of Foster to view which is taking on aninfant and caring for her as a foster child until she becomes a ward of the crown so we can legally adopt her. Last night we talked about the court system a bit and how long it takes to get a case to trial and do the legal action with straight adoption. I am thinking more and more about the foster to view. basicly we have a shot at getting a baby, very possible infant stage, like newborn, and having her come to live with us as a daughter. We would only be a foster family for her until the time that she is officially and legally a ward of the crown and her birth family relinquishes (whether by choice or by force) their legal parental rights. After that time, we will be given the opportunity to apply for formal adoption and if accepted (After all that it should be automatic but we still have to go through themotions) we get to go through the long and exhausting legal proceedings to make her ours, by name and by law.
I'm not a patient person, especially when it comes to something that I really really want, lol. I know this. I try very hard but sometimes my emotions get the best of me and I get a little frustrated. i know that we are going to be waiting for quite some time still. It will not be somethng that happens in 2011 for us. Hopefully 2012 but even then it might be a bit of a stretch.
So, now, we continue with our process, do our best to be seen, and heard in class. build a good relationship with our worker (man I can try i guess) a good relationship with our course instructors and hope that it all goes well inthe end. that's all I can pray for.
Aerobics class tonight. Doing the stability ball. Should be able to get rid of a bit of frustration and aggression.

No comments:

Post a Comment